This version is from the My Book House set which any Charlotte Mason fan would drool over. I found my incomplete set at my 'local charity donation boutique'. It has I think 12 in all and is based on classic stories to progress with childhood years. I am on a quest to track down my missing volumes, and someday they will all be mine....
We read a version of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle (angle choirs-I adore this man--almost as much as Robin Hood himself).
It fortuitously has explanations in the sidebars so you can know the difference between a crow and a daw, and what a "butt of ale" actually is (though discriminating Y2 students prefer "barrel, mom. It just sounds better." Plus we can color the black & white woodblock prints, although I would have preffered Pyle's still....
We listened to blackstone audio- OK, but a bit boring honestly.
But, it's my reading (and explanations after laughter subsides) that we return to.
We watched Eryol Flynn in black and white. OK
Then Disney (VHS) Robin Hood and His Merry Men. My favorite, by far.
Now the awakened Y2 student "Whose your favorite person mom? Mine's Maid Marion-I didn't expect her to be so bad--wearing boy clothes and messing up Robin Hood's shooting and joining with Robin Hood" I think feisty just isn't her vocabulary yet.
Then we came upon this book of the ballads and gorgeously illustrated.
No comments:
Post a Comment