1-A Medieval Cathedral with flying buttresses, stained glass, and transverse architecture.
2-A creation I was way more into than my kids were.
3-A school project I can drop, unfinished, without any guilt while the fun is fading.
But it was still fun.
Here are some of the pieces before I hot glued them together:
Tower
Side and buttresses; these were simply stuck into the slits I cut in the sides. They didn't even touch the ground and were what I like to think of as a truer flying buttress.
A detail of the Bible stories in the windows (Noah's Ark, David & Goliath, Moses and the staff/snake)
People going to church above the "cat rooms where the dead people are."
That's catacombs, dear, and those are the columns in between.
And a view from above. It's a lot simpler than it looks, glued in only 7 places. I just realized I had scored the top half of the walls and was going to hot glue them to a peak...maybe it will happen before the dumpster recycling bin, maybe not...
No comments:
Post a Comment