"I want to go find a librarian and tell her my mom won't let me read a book!"- Bowery Bird
I'm a bad mom.
Today in between 5 dentist appointments Bowery Bird and I were across the street at the library. Holed up in a corner we were turning decimals into fractions and then marching them into ascending order (it sounds like magic was involved...and there must have been, to hold her back from stocking up on Nancy Drews a mere 3 shelves away.)
Speaking of Nancy Drew, we just watched this killer of a film from 1939. I would recommend this any day over the modern version--and I haven't even seen that one yet.
This movie had action, adventure, and lots of humor. Even my initially bored Kingfisher was laughing with us as our heroine and her friends sang Nursery Rhymes for their supper in a Chinese Restaurant, and turned off the hotel sign lights to read "Bedbug Hotel." Then all three children visibly held their breath as the bad guy approached Nancy and Ted with their recording device in full view; 1939 recording device.
Not only a fun show for all ages with an upbeat attitude and lots of adventure, it was a peak at how life once was and made a great Saturday afternoon treat.
No comments:
Post a Comment