Spring is not to be missed- we've been to the park twice this week to enjoy the weather.
GEOGRAPHY:
Bowery Bird and I made drew a huge USA map with sidewalk chalk. To work on the Webelos Forestry badge she marked the forest regions ( you can see a bit in Utah & Arkansas.)
She did great on the western half, I got a little sloppy on all the little eastern states- but they're so far away they don't matter anyway- jk!
NATURE STUDY:
Kingfisher found perfect deer tracks all over the sand.
HISTORY:
Mocking Bird made sandcastles "Medieval ones so it still counts as school"
Mocking Bird made sandcastles "Medieval ones so it still counts as school"
.
MORE NATURE STUDY & SCIENCE:
We saw the local muskrat-a busy and brave big guy.
And the slow bullfrog he disturbed.
HANDICRAFTS:
Made some bark boats with Maple leaf sails that were led by thread (see above).
POETRY:
I think that I shall never see,
a poem as lovely as a tree.
-Joyce Kilmer
And stared at ourselves in the water, working out the questions of the universe, why pigtails are so cute, and trying to gage whether or not we could beat the melt down bubbling up from the 7 kids I had in tow today...(we did.) Made it home in time to peacefully watch Disney's Mathemagic and the Composer's Series Rosissini.
No comments:
Post a Comment