Coil Animals
 |
| 7y/o beginning working on his coil base |
I reviewed how to make a long clay snake, then coil it flat to make a base, up to make a wall. We also talked about how to smooth the wall with our tools and use slip and texture to secure layers.
We looked at some images of clay birds, cats, and a particularly cute hedgehog online to get the wheels turning. I encouraged them to not necessarily do something representational, but have fun.
 |
| Cat chasing Mouse by 12y/o girl |
I have about 3 sets of ceramic tools for everyone to share and little bowls of water on the tables. This clay cleans up really easily once dry, which you will find out if you put your feet up for half an hour after class and don't even think about cleaning until it's time to make dinner.
So I eventually scrapped the protective tablecloths. Sometimes we did use a gessoed drop canvas I have to work on the floor and easily "peel" off a wet piece. Jackson Pollock-like it has led a colorful life.
 |
| Birds. By Bowery Bird. |
 |
| We still don't know where this tattoo came from. |
No comments:
Post a Comment