Unexpected Turns while Outside
-
You just never know what you'll walk into.
"Oh! I know what happened! Someone had a sleepover then their mom called them for breakfast and they had to hurry before making their bed."
I didn't argue, knowing that my explanation would come up in mixed company at some inopportune time in the near future and perhaps put the kibosh on Nature Time without an escort.
"That's right dear--Oh look the swings are free and it's only 9am!"
Dropping the expletives I was able to make out that some poor thing was madly in love with "him" and some evil mother apparently didn't get "her". I thought it would blow over, but no, it continued and probably echoed off the canyon walls for even the rock climbers to hear.
Fortunately my kids were too young to really notice anything but "these sticky little yellow flowers". Still, I think we left early.Now we visit a nearby park where a frequenting dog with no leash has taught us to close our
No comments:
Post a Comment