Thursday, September 13, 2012
Karma Counter Starts
I signed up for freecyle in an effort to rid myself of this behemoth of a file cabinet when it wouldn't sell. The New Zealand couple that took it were so appreciative they--to my surprise--actually hugged me before they left. Strangers.
It occurred to me, maybe that's why we've benefited from so many freely given things--furniture, food, tickets, etc. It just feels good to give.
So, for fun, I thought I'd keep track for a year of all that freely goes in and out of our home. Measurable karma.
The Rules are:
Holidays & thank yous don't count (expected-gifts no, no-reason gifts yes.)
Family is OK
Found items of value count
Needed items of incredibly low cost count
The Point is not to just get stuff. The point is to better recognize how blessed I am when I am able share with others. I do believe that generosity thrown out into the the universe will come back to me--sometimes better than I could even plan.
Labels:
karma counter
No comments:
Post a Comment