Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Homemade Math Manipulatives-Place Value

 

 
 
For learning place value, addition, and subtraction (especially "carry the ten") we use these little 1" square cardboard chips I painted, cut, and labelled 1, 10, 100, 1000. The more I use them the easier it is for my student-at-hand to grasp a concept.

 
This is actually an extra bit of lamination I snagged, but we also use clear tinted binder dividers, or clear plastic covers with a paper inserted to make it easier to handle and dry erase markers.
 
 
 
 

Other manipulatives I store in just little plastic bags, but these I keep in a craft organizer--easier to find and clean up, and definately colorful.
 
 
I have used workboxes and bins for each student before. With just two children to keep track of, the easiest storage for me so far has been just throwing a all the math stuff in a bin. It's all in one place and fits just right.
 
Pictured above are also fraction circles and bars I easily made with foam squares from the Dollar Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment