Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

I Heart Librarians--I mean, Libraries

This is to you Mr Librarian with the dreamy blue eyes;
 I know someone else with gorgeous eyes...What was his name?..
 As soon as I see you behind the desk I lose all rational thought and go straight to your kiosk--even if I have to wait and there's another librarian open (the one that didn't even know your library had Gregorian Chants).
I ask if you have a certain movie even though I know how to work the Horizon Information Portal--Advanced Searches by Keyword if necessary. And if your library catalog doesn't have it, I even know that now I can request films through Interlibary Loan.
But I ask you anyway.
You don't even have to write the call number down. You are that good.
I follow you down the aisle of Drama and watch you find the case. As you hand it to me I hear you say,
"Good flick--have you seen it before?"
"Oh, no" I gush, "My husband has--My husband! I think I hear him calling me...My husband. On the phone, I mean...I better go. Thanks--"

My husband who doesn't have dreamy blue eyes.
He has dreamy brown eyes--how could I forget?
He is the man who lets me sleep in when he has to get up early, will go to 3 stores to find what I want, can make me laugh when I'd rather cry, and still tells me I'm beautiful on my worst days. Oh yes, and those dreamy brown-eyes.

How could I forget? Just kidding, honey- I never could, but I did forget something else I needed at the library...Don't worry, I'll just pick it up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment