Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

ACM. You know--For Kids.






Once my sister & I went to the Discovery Museum with our 4 kids. I know she likes to shop so I said, "You go ahead and peruse the mall--I'll just stay in this Kid Village part with the kids till you get back."

I really should have know better.
Over 2 hours later she came breezing in.
I realized then she had no watch on. (Not that it would have made a difference anyway.)
But just in case you were wondering, kids can be pretty easily entertained there for long durations of time...

Discovery is part of the ACM, and a good deal if you are traveling with children. The Association of Children's Museums is an organization that provides advocacy and research for play directed learning in childhood.

In Utah this only applies to the Discovery Gateway of SLC, and the Treehouse Museum in Ogden.

All of the museums in their database are listed alphabetically, which means you must search state by state for participators. They don't list stipulations, so contact each museum about their policy.

But a multi-state road trip would make your rest stops much more appealing with this tucked in your wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment