Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

A Child's Scripture Journal

I love the Red Headed Hostess's take on scripture journals.

In an effort to stop losing our Faith in God book, and help Bowery Bird keep track of her scripture reading, I made this notebook for her after she turned 8. It involved some laminating and cutting, but was pretty easy. Now she keeps it inside her scripture case, and her friends in Activity Days want one too. (birthday gifts here we come...)



The front cover is just a pretty picture laminated.

 
White paper has a Reading Chart of just the stories in the scriptures (organized by Penny Gardner here) to mark off as completed.


Cream colored pages for her Scripture Journal. I listed obvious topics for Primary age then numbered the following pages to match, one to a topic for quotes, etc.



Blue pages are for her Gratitude Journal. At the bottom I wrote "9 years old" etc. giving two pages to each age up to 12. (the light changed, that's cream to the right still.) And yes, "Mom" made the top 5 with a capital letter-sigh.



Yellow Pages are for Spiritual Experiences, again ages are noted at the bottom, 2 pages to a year. They are still blank, and she's almost 10---I better start praying for more...does finding the snake loose in our house after a third prayer count?

After these pages is her Faith in God booklet starting with page 1 (not the cover).
Lastly, with "My Gospel Standards" on the left and the back of the front cover on the right I finished it off with her school picture laminated on. So the very back of the book is actually the front cover of the Faith in God booklet.



No comments:

Post a Comment